Sunday, November 12, 2006

Fish to Water

a brief synopsis of this training day, Sun. 11/12/96, my dear young mother's birthday, more riderless galloping in the paddock, Y seems really to enjoy galloping with the big boys. Today as they speeded up he enjoyed putting his nose near the ground and floating along. about 5-6 min of actual gallop probably short of 2m gallop speed-- a couple of furlongs at a time with a minute of rest between. Then some saddle work--complete weight on horse at the belly. preston burch writes in his book that many times his crew would break a yearling in one morning. unfortunatley I lack a "crew" so we take little baby steps. My main motto in riding at my young age is to avoid all chances. But, Y did accept my full weight, and also placed on his back my new astride riderless saddle that i just got in the mail. More on the astride at a later date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home