Sunday, December 31, 2006

They Hang Dictators, Don't They?

This is a horse racing blog, but occasionally I'll veer off. I've followed the situation in the Middle East only at a glance--hey, I train horses--but, in considering the events of the past 48 hours i'm reminded of that quote from Goethe's Faust that "something wrong was all about it". Yes, dictators are executed quite regularly, but, I had thought things different for this buffoon clownlike figure, caricature of himself, and an obviously completely broken man. Guess I was wrong. I'm upset this sorry affair besmerched the passing of Gerald Ford, and, George Bush fell just a little farther in my esteem by failing to step in and stop this hideous exercise, a bold imaginative step that might have helped united that country and stop their war. I can recall when Hussein was a friend of the USA and a counterveil to the Ayetollas in Iran. Little talk here from Biden and Kennedy of atrocities in those days. Whatever the man was, i liked the way he went. I feel sure if there is a hell he might have yet the last word with those executioners who'll be right there along with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home