Monday, December 18, 2006

Today's Work

I'm on the run today, so just briefly include today's work in very nice weather:
12/16 sort of a breeze--more volume than speed
12/17: rest
Monday 12/18/06: slow galloped under the Astride. total time 20 min, but there was a lot of rest between 6f slow heats after an oldster jumped fence and joined Y. then, off course and all over the place. Got in enough galloping and then quit. Saddle placed on Y, and rider up and off three or four times. This was the second day under tack. I let the horse stand calmly. without problem. tomorrow maybe a few steps.
Tues: the plan is several riderless spurts. Till I get the Astride paddock built where I will have more control, I want to make sure we do sufficient fast twitch work, which is what this horse was shorted on in his early care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home