Wednesday, June 04, 2008

I.E.A.H. Stables. How Do You Beat These Guys?

A hundred million dollar horse hedge fund, it's just now occurring to me. That's a lot of greenbacks as I'm looking last night at my little $3500.00 purchase named Rolling Rodney. He's over 15'3" now and, shall we say, "trainable". We're conceding nothing at this point.

Can this amount of dough in I.E.A.H. be beat? Guess you'd have to say after they luck into the best horse ever it would be tough. Nevertheless, besides a probable impending bankruptcy in a few years, expect the BB money to keep them afloat for a while, can we look at the BB training and Derby training of the last few posts to believe that I.EA.H. and the like at this point in the sport is still "beatable"? After I finish the "injury avoidance" posts I'll get into performance. Should be interesting for me personally as my youngsters will about then hopefully be performing themselves. But, I'd have to think, per the last few posts here, with a lot of different horses that trainers breezing 4 or 5 furlongs once a week with a couple of race preps might be ripe for the picking regardless of the size of their bankrolls.

Not of the Swift (blog) has a nice Dutrow video on this morning. Dutrow tends to grow on you as you listen for a while to his struggles to express himself. But sooner or later (usually later) Dutrow will chug out the right word that indicates he knows training and looks out for his horse. Maybe Dutrow is underestimating the Japs a bit, but I think they should avoid underestimating him.

Training:
Tues 6/3/08: minute I walk out of the house it starts raining. We got in our riderless work that consisted of about 10 minutes of 4f at a time with some short 85% spurts throw in. Trying to take it easy on the 2 yr old in his growth spurt. Art's lacerated heel bulb gave him much less trouble yesterday, and hopefully we'll be back in business with tack work this evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home