Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Here They Are......


What do the connections of a horse who just won a $500,000.00 race look like? Here are the owners of Showing Up just as he crossed the line winning last Saturday's Hollywood Derby. The trainer was the infamous Barclay Tag (Funnycide). These people are, by the way, Roy and Gretchen Jackson, who also own a horse named Barbaro.

Training: Wed. 11/29/06, a rest day for our Y, except I took him out and placed a saddle on his back and did some bellying. This means I lay on the saddle on my stomach placing full weight on the horse but do not put my right leg over his back. I am laying on the back instead of sitting on it. The horse is calm and cooperative. I let him move around a bit, not walking, but stepping here and there--without a problem. The actual mounting will be delayed a while till i can locate a bit that will fit the bridle of the little guy. The north wind is rolling in. We'll see what can be done in the weather tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fletch said...

Rapid, this is a really nice blog! I just recently entered the world of thoroughbreds and have been hanging out on pedigreequery.com trying to learn everything I can. I'm glad you mentioned your blog in the post I read today!

Jason

11/29/06, 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home