Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Down Memory Lane

I gave my 80 year old mother a scanner for Xmas so she could scan photos. She just emailed some I'd forgotten were taken. These really bring back some memories.

January 1990 just prior to shipping out to Prairie Meadows, the filly Windy Lea. We did Tom Ivers interval training on this field. Such an advantage to have a field like this. And, the weather compared to what we've had of late.
Smooth Machine. Best horse I've had. People used to come out of the barns to watch this 17 hand horse gallop. A son of Slew Machine by Seattle Slew.
My first horse, Jeckimba Bay, as a two year old.

Me in the barn obviously taken before 2000 since I'm much heavier than rider weight. That looks like Groovin' Wind, a son of the above filly Windy Lea. In 1998 a lady in Lexington, KY had just bought a farm, and she wanted some horses for the farm. She took all three of the horses above, and bred Windy Lea to some pretty good stallions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home