Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Curlin, Big Brown, And Colonel John





Our lugubrious duo arrives at their tack room on Belmont's backstretch:

MN: That was such a good re-run of Mash last night.

RD: It sure was. That Major Burns and Hot Lips reminds me of us.

MN: Oh, Ricky, do you think so?

RD: I sure do. But, take a look, Honey, Curlin's work schedule.

MN: Oh, that is so slow!

RD: Is there anyway this beats us?

MN: If we give them a 10 length head start, maybe?

RD: Ha, Ha Michelle you're the best! And, did you see that last race?

MN: They just galloped Curlin along till those other nags faded.

RD: Asmussen thinks he's a trainer because he beat Wanderin' Boy.

MN: Ha, ha, ha...Nick Zito, I'm going to roll on the floor laughing. Ha, ha, ha.

RD: Zito without steroids. Just the thought of it. Ha, ha, ha.

MN: Ricky I love you, but I have to observe that as usual you are a fat head.

RD: Huh?

MN: Earth to Ricky. Us without steroids, ha ha ha.

RD: M you do have a point there.

MN: Neverthless, I suggest we just gallop Brownie along side of Curlin...do you get my drift?

RD: M you're so smart. Then we just outfoot him in the stretch.

MN: That's it, piece of cake.

RD: Anything else we have to worry about?

MN: Colonel John.

RD: Oh, Oh. I had yet to think of that.

MN. "You never thought of that". I'm so in shock...


Training:

Sun. 9/28: Off

Mon: 9/29: Art 1.25 miles with about 1 mile gallop. Rod: 1 mile trot.

Tues. 9/30 Art 1.6 miles of which about 1 mile is was gallop. A couple of surges from slow to medium gallop speed. Rod--1 mile trot + 5 min riderless speed work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home