Friday, June 10, 2011

Belmont Picks

Unlike this fellow, Steven Crist, and his 6/9 DRF post, I am interested in picking the winner instead of picking "value". Master of Hounds Blood Horse Minute on 6/10 indicates a poorly trained weak horse. Based on a 1 second video flash, will be amazed to see MOH anywhere near the zip code at the finish.

Doubt I will spend time handicapping this field, and thus my pick is based on a few vids, a post here and there, and some hunches. Based on a wash rack photo of Shakelford of a couple of days ago, that horse looks to me the most conditioned animal of the bunch. S looks strong, reasonably quick, has perfect conformation though other than smooth galloping style. The 1 second vido flash on BH Minute shows a strong horse through the lane on Friday.

On the negative side, doubt Animal Kingdom will last the 1.5 miles due to training instead of lack of talent. Equal training and AK runs away from the field. This leaves Nehro who looked very powerful to me in the Derby. I'd box Nehro and my pick, which is Shakelford, although if I had the dough a superfecta box of S, N, AK and Mucho seems a rare opportunity since this seems a 4 horse race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home