Saturday, August 04, 2012

Sat. Misc.

Does the old heart good to see a $7500 yearling win a Grade II race at Saratoga yest.  There's still hope:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/71782/c-cs-pal-surges-to-honorable-miss-triumph

CCs Pal by Alex's Pal by Successful Appeal by Valid Appeal.  There's always been something markedly successful about the Valid Appeal (In Reality) line.  They're fast, and I like that pedigree in my horses.

The blogger will shortly have $17,000+ in the bank account.  Another one of those occasional windfalls of my other profession.  Will we buy a horse in Sept.  Debating on it as I really will be a lot more ready for this next March.  And yet, time flies by.  Maybe time to do it while the $$$ is there.  My main concern that is bugging me would be having to geld this poor little fella almost the minute he get's here.  That's a lot to put a young horse through.  But for that thought I'd likely be gung ho.

Today's Whitney.  I doubt Ron The Greek has done enough in his training.  Is that Dutrow horse carrying only 110 lbs.  They're all, by and large, now breezing once a week.  Even Reade Baker who in the year 2008 by my analysis had one of the worst injury rates and inappropriate work schedules going. Whereas he's likely bringing a very live long shot and my choice (Hunter's Bay) into this race (although change of surface here would be major concern--always a hedge):

http://www.bloodhorse.com/pdf/WhitneyH2012PPs.pdf

1 Comments:

Anonymous Bill said...

Even better:

Emma’s Encore was purchased as a yearling for $2,000, and her win in the Grade 1 Prioress brings her earnings to $342,958.

8/5/12, 7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home