Friday, September 14, 2012

It Begins

Blogger in get 'em to the track quick mode. Breaking starts today.

 Probably more than anyone wanted to know about Hip #17.  I like to know what I have. The young fellow has exact same coloration as his pop. Possibly favors Eugene's Third Son more than the dam side. I am now completely taken that the youngster has both a Grade I winning dam and also one that was elected a Champion. I was somewhat tuned into that when I first saw the catalog page.  Now owning the horse, status of the dam as a black type mare gains hugely in significance. Some quality top and bottom. All together corresponds to the appearance of the horse. Left click to enlarge.
Looks more like he's trying to become an Indian Charlie instead of Norther Dancer type horse. Will see. Has legs, perfect conformation, perfect pastern angles and pastern length, balanced, nice rear leg conformation.  I"d guess he's about 15'3", maybe a tad taller.  Some concern that Hip #17 as sort that will fail to grow another half centimeter.  At 16' 1' though , look out, if we could get him there. Here they are in the pasture area where they will train:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home