Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Wednesday Thoughts:

INJURIES AND TRAINING: Briefly interrupted on the blog by multiple distractions. I'll take this up again soon.

THE SLOP AT MONMOUTH: What a job by the track crew!

BREEDER'S CUP BLOODLINES: Did pedigree have anything to do with success on Breeder's Cup Day? It would take me a day that I'm without to take a look at it, but, I wish someone would.

BREEDER'S CUP AND THE EUROPEANS: They need to find ways to be more accommodating starting with that ridiculous quarantine rule that keeps those horses from training for several days. What does a horse galloping around a race track have to do with quarantine? Could they have a ceremony to recognize those that have traveled from the far corners? Could they provide some part of the travel expense and help with the organization. The ad hoc nature of this sport cries for some leadership.

OUR NEW ARRIVAL: I could hardly be any happier with the 15'1.5" little fellow. He's flashing impressive acceleration and speed, there's perfect conformation on a long bodied frame with a short croup that you see in sprinters, and he can breathe! My one little concern is that the ephysial plates in the knees presently seem a little large for my taste. I was looking at the little horse this morning considering how possibly to fault him and how you'd buy a better one regardless of price. Guess you'd improve a perfect little horse by going to a bigger, more powerful Curlin body type. That's all I could think of. We may have a major league prospect. We'll see.

TRAINING: Last year's model, our two year old Amart, is back at it after a two week layoff. I'll post re Art's training now as we go. Art has morphed into a man over the last 30 days. He's close to impressive looking now with maybe a little more Nijinsky II influence than I like. Art has trained riderless 4 out of last 5 days with last night being: riderless--1 mile W/U + 1 mile at 90% speed + 1 mile slow + 10 min walk under tack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home