Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Nice Job, For A While

Just finished a 10 min game of Internet chess against a player rated 100 points above me. Was handing this guy his lunch--going into last 3 min of the game I had a full rook advantage. Opening game worked perfectly, played right into my hands, everything going as planned.

In the final three minutes I completely lost it. Concentration evaporated. One stupid mistake followed by two more and I've lost the game. Opponent was the better player this game. Completely avoidable though. I should have won and won easily, but lost. That is the subject of the mental aspect of race horse training.

I've written two posts now, deleted both as failing to convey. Try again tomorrow.

Training:
Tues. 7/19: riderless only. Got in some track quality speed work--maybe 4f despite the older horse's recalcitrance and intimidation. 10 min.
Wed. 7/20: Back on! Walked him for 1/2 mile. Went other than well. Inside left leg tendon running down thigh very weak, sore. this is going to take a week. plan is to get on every day and push it forward a little. + 10 min riderless slow work with some :14 sec. stuff. Enough that they get a day off tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home