Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sun. Misc.

Third parties can provide the horse care or we can do it ourselves in various degrees of involvement. Anybody owning a horse knows what it takes to bring one out of the starting gate, and never mind the potential rewards or financial losses, it's special and personally rewarding in a way that likely never occurs to 99% of the population.

My path was always personal involvement, 24/7 since 1987, and I brought this up couple of posts ago because with retirement of my last horse it's been a bit of shock and personal decompression. You suddenly find yourself doing and thinking "other things" and what's frankly surprised me about my thoughts re racing is the decline in my previous determination both to stay in racing and to get the next horse. On Rodney's retirement "getting back in" was fully on my mind, and it is a little sad to report the weeks pass I have frankly considered this less and less. Without horses to train I've been surprised that racing has receded in my consciousness. I find myself clicking less on the horse mags such as Blood Horse and with less interest.

And so, for us here in KC there's the Q vis a vis horse racing, what's next, if anything. There are plans and thoughts, and will do some posting on that next. Interestingly and somewhat disconcertingly now that I am on the outside I think I may have finally thought up an ideal performance workout, a late epiphany shall we say, and will get to that one also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home