Monday, August 06, 2012

Mon. Misc.

Blogger with $$$ in pockets loses focus, utterly.  Thought process right now is getting hands on another horse.  We're back in business!!!  Presumably.  Seems a lot harder now than it was when yours truly bought that first two year old in training for $7000.00, Jeckimba Bay, way back when.

In terms of "performance" which had been the subject, hopefully will be blogging fairly soon about real life experience which will be to avoid all my previous errors in being too patient with the young horse and never getting 'em to the race track.  Done that too many times.  Plan this time is to start off from day one with idea of early two year old racing.  Will see.

I do plan to finish my "performance" section in terms of training schematic.  This week hopefully.  Then divert to getting that next horse.  Saratoga sail tonight.  I'll be glued.  Have already perused the Hips for the August Texas, Minnesota and OK sale.  Ok sale is interesting--before realizing it will be late Aug. before $$$ is actually in pocket.  + my experience with those smaller sales, there are generally only a few horses worth buying and the money is all over them whereas at Keenland you stand by hoping one will fall through the cracks.

As to the Whitney, certainly Fort Larned was the obvious horse by the chalk.  I moved off him after watching all the fields prior races.  Fort Larned had a nice Iowa Derby and very nice PPs, but in Iowa he was galloping weakly with his head nodding.  I dislike nodders as winners in Grade I fields.  Shows weak training somewhere. Interestingly Larned showed much improvement in strength of galloping for the Whitney.  Reade Bakers' horse looked like a dynamo in his last Grade III at Woodbine. I'd thought him the most energetic moving up horse in the field after viewing the vids. Never ran a jump.  I'd suspect it's a combo of change of surface and Reade Baker.  I've noticed photos in the past of Baker's horses--inferior husbandry imo tending to cluelessness. Note to self--never again favor a Reade Baker horse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home