Monday, April 29, 2013

Gallops

What are we supposed to be looking at?  Link below: Verrazano/Palice Malice at Churchill likely good only till they kill the post.

Unknown to me what to look at.  I tend to go by the know it when u see it, although I can point to some things.  Coordination, reach with front legs, strength and more.  Most of these stakes horses have all this.  What separates them?  I saw little to date to separate any of them. Verrazano has major league hind end and looks good when he really gets going.  The standout galloper I've seen is Orb.  Classic big floats over track stride and looks to be light weight enough to keep it going.

http://www.drf.com/news/kentucky-derby-workouts-revolutionary-continues-impress

Training:  Record cold spring and hence, Mr. Nob weather strike, seems over.  #17 has been tacked last few days with a few riderless short speed. #148 hock coming along well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home