Monday, October 13, 2008

"Oh Shame, Oh Curse, Upon Such Bumpkins..."

(Edit: after this post Iavarone claimed BB breezed barefoot)
MN: Ricky wft?

RD: I can't believe it.! I can't believe it!

MN: Lol. Fathead can't believe it.

RD: You sound pissed.

MN: I am definitely pissed. You and that standardbred farrier thickhead have had 5 months since the Belmont to correct this shoeing job, and, here we go again. How many times have I told you this horse is overstriding?

RD: I just hope Ian McKinley has malpractice insurance.

MN: I just hope you get the mob hit you so richly deserve.

RD: Ha, ha ha. I'm laughing.

MN: Robert N. Clay is laughing.

RD: Seriously MN, wtf. Why do we get so unlucky?

MN: Do you want me to answer that?

RD: Normally, no. But, lay it on me...

MN: Take a look at the photo above of BB foot. What do you see?

RD: I dunno.

MN: As follows:

1. shoe heels too far back of widest point of frog.
2. Shoe heels fail natural inward curve.
2. heels way too high.
3. no toe grabs.

RD: This is too complicated for me.

MN: That's why I love you so. But, give it a try. Take note, Toe grabs on hind + no grabs on front create a dissonance in the stride. Horse has to compensate with every stride to different speed of foot falls front to rear. Get it so far?

RD: Maybe.

MN: Then that standardbred guy McKinley comes in with those experimental Yasha shoes and mucks things up even more.

RD: What do you mean?

MN: Yashas: elevate heels on the rear with a rubber pad underneath no less causes quicker push off from rear than normal--pay attention--and causes faster turnover of the rear.

RD: I fail to get it.

MN: Obviously. Best to take a look at the website. Take a look at the Yashas and see if you really think they're a good shoe.

http://www.tenderhoof.com/splash.asp

MN: Well...

RD: I learned that instead of trying to help a horse, might be better to leave well enough alone...

MN: Duh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home