Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Stable Plans

Being without horses to train here at RR stables leaves a void in a lot of ways including a large increase in daily time and some mental adjustment including, if we're to continue in horse racing, what's next?

The prior posts concerning history of my little operation since 1987 mentioned motivation, help that I received from various sources in terms of labor and that money was available in those days. With that same money without any doubt I'd have the next horse already in place as has been the case for the last 25 years. The availability of extra cash always allowed the horse racing to continue forward. In days of yore it was via brood mares and foals supplemented by an occasional expensive (for us) auction purchase. The lesson is that while as is being so obviously once again shown on the 2012 TC trail wealth is unnecessary there is a certain financial bottom line that has to be met to continue racing.

And, that's what I am faced with here in KC these days which is as previously noted a current lack of money, and I write this as I am just back from Court after spending 8 months contesting a mortgage amount owed to Bank of America. I walk into the Courtroom armed to the hilt and ready for trial Bank Am's lawyer is sitting there as I enter and offers settlement which inexplicably offers paying me $1500.00 in attorney fees that I never asked for. Sometimes it pays to get up in the morning.

And so the operation will last for another month even when it seems for me almost every lawyer acquaintance I run into times in terms of money are really tough.

Prefer avoiding long posts and will post in the next one the thought process which seems a combo of my distress involved in having to retire any horse, the money, and the current thoughts in getting to the Derby, such as they are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home