Thursday, May 09, 2013

Thurs. Misc.

16th day of rain today since April 1.  That's 4 days of rain in every 10.  Next rain day I am headed to Oklahoma to scout things out there.  Nob was back on #17 yest. after a week off due to weather.  We were wearing winter clothing in KC on May 5.  #17 can be a bit of a stinker.  Walked for 15 min. as Nob gets sea legs and tries to assume control.

Preakness--should be interesting.  Txs. for comment re Orb.   Since I began riding in 1999 I've concluded breathing is the biggest separating factor between horses.   Larger nostrils have occurred to me before as a possible advantage.  Certainly would avoid a horse with small ones.  I'd think Orb's torn nostril gives an illusion of making his flared nostril larger than it is.

My fear that they'd put wraps on Orb and avoid training him--ala Dutrow with Big Brown--may be mistaken.  Will see what Orb does to Preakness.  The horse imo has big advantage merely due to winning last race--conditioning, confidence, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home