Friday, October 24, 2008

Great Show By The Fillies And Mares...

I sort of liked the format this afternoon. There was something mentally comfortable about watching just fillies and mares.
I also enjoyed the live blogging at Left At The Gate, and am about to look at Paulick. Guess Christopher Paasch learned something since Principle Secret. And how about Tarr Road, sire of My White Corvette, who subsequently foaled Paasch trainee Stardom Bound. Here's the full pedigree:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/NOW/Pedigree/Default.aspx?referenceNumber=7741170

Tarr Road, who'd a thunk. Somewhere I recall the name. 4 foals sell for an average of $1400.00. Which brings me to Maram by Sahm standing somewhere for $5000.00. Translate, they'll do a breeding for a couple of Grover Clevelands and pay your gas to the farm. Tarr Road and Sahm! There is hope!

A few miscellaneous observations that struck me over the afternoon:

Good and questionable training jobs. I bird dog the PPs for what works, what fails to work, and just as I'm considering the demise of Birdbirdistheword there's Dream Empress with the most impressive (to me) performance of the day considering her connections. Questionably trained horses tend to race questionably, but, there's Dream Empress. For what we get more normally we may watch Pure Clan trained by that very nice and jolly man Bob Holthus. 5 breeze/race in 2 months for Pure Clan with the last one eleven days out. That's the farthest out work of any BC horses I'm recalling resulting in PC performing to expectations.

Quite some handicapping as I'll take credit over predicting European performance so far but simultaneously lay an egg with Indian Blessing, who in 20-20 hindsight might have benefited from a slightly more intelligent race strategy. But, who am I to question Bob Baffert?

And finally, Steve Haskin today spotted Tiago galloping the last two days. Shireff kept Giacomo in the barn the last 5 days before the BC. And now this, and there's Zenyatta, which may be enough to reconsider Shireff and his horse overnight. More fun tomorrow. It should be a great day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well well well......

10/25/08, 12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home